One girl at the time


The more I think about my dream of reaching out and making a difference – the more I realise every single step counts.

 A journey of thousands miles begins with a single step.

 On my own I won’t change the world but I can do one thing to make it better for me and for you.
It is indeed true – we cannot change everything but each one of us can change something.

 What if we all did one thing that burns deep into our hearts. I’m convinced that each and every one of us has a dream. When I worked for my local newspaper as a photojournalist – one winter morning I sit outside few blocks from my office.  I was outside in the cold for few hours having a chat with two street kids. These two boys shared with me their dreams; chances of them achieving those dreams are very slim.  Regardless of their circumstances they still had dreams to become medical doctors.

 I walked away that day and to this day I still believe each and every one of us has a dream of becoming someone who can contribute positively to society.
My circumstances are different from those two boys and unlike them my chances of realising my dream are slightly bigger.

 Once again I’m obliged to take one step at the time and spread my wings. If I can’t do this for myself; let me at least do it for those two boys who their dreams may never come true.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Real life. Real issues. Real people.

A letter to my 15-year-old self

Always dream